Sunday, November 1, 2009

new direction for Absolut Leelou...

I started blogging in 2005, during the dramatic years of Lebanese instability. I was trying to make some sense out of the crazy times, by sharing my thought with friends and family living abroad, who did not have a first-hand experience with war and car bombs. My blog was an outlet for my fear and it helped me to write.
When the situation got a bit calmer, I realized that I wasn’t eager to write anymore.. my fuel was my anger and anxiety. I have since tried to make some entries about people and situations in Lebanon that either makes me laugh or wonder but have not been able to have a regular blog entry.
But the urge to write is still present. I love reading what other bloggers write especially in Lebanon. Their perspective is at times charming, hilarious and interesting. Writing is a learned skill. It needs practice. It is a voice to be heard, commented, and remembered. I enjoy writing. Looking at a white page makes me just want to take a pen and scribble.
So here I am again, with a mission. This time I am inspired by something positive, something challenging. I am no longer a “ a critique” watching the Lebanese from sarcastic angle, but someone who would like to inspire others to think in a positive and challenging way, to find opportunities where we could be proud of our actions.
Being a positive soul (some might say), I will be writing about Lebanese projects or persons that are special & inspiring, in any form or way...Also, since we are in the fashion of writing about environment and climate change (!), I will be including topics like Green products, green living and green design, hoping that they could somehow reach someone and inspire him or her to learn and to be proactive in the preservation of our precious nature.

So keep following “Absolut Leelou”, you might find something different and exciting to read…

1 comment:

Darine said...

Good luck Leeloz... keep the good stuff coming :)